The DOT Driver Trainee position will deliver product along assigned routes consisting of multiple stops with various levels of difficulty.
You will maintain delivery time windows for each stop on the route.
Maintain records , vehicle logs, records of cargo or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
Upon successful completion of the driver training program, the expectation will be to promote to a Driver DOT position with Ben E. Keith Foods.
- Deliver product along assigned routes consisting of multiple stops with various levels of difficulty
- Reading customer invoices to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed and delivered
- Assembling customer orders to be delivered to places of business
- Maintain delivery time windows for each stop on the route
- Maintain accuracy of delivered product with no damage due to mishandling
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo billing statements in accordance with regulations.
- Report delays, accidents or other traffic and transportation situations to bases.
- Valid Class A CDL or CDL permit drivers license required
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to Prioritize multiple projects, assignments and tasks, monitoring use of time and appropriately using equipment , facilities and materials and to provide timely and quality responses
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services.
- High School diploma or GED : one year or more related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Drug Screen and Background Check Required
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and beverage distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned business with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K with matching contribution
- Profit Sharing Plan (100% company paid)
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued. This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it also means giving full consideration to how all our people who have many diverse racial, cultural, and social backgrounds can positively impact the quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith we recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our strengths, and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face. Ben E. Keith is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor