The Behavioral Health Clinician is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of Behavioral Health Access Service functions for psychiatric and/or chemically dependent patients of all ages and their involved families in accordance with legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements, and the goals of the Hospital and Behavioral Health Services. Primary functions include but are not limited to information and referral, clinical triage/crisis assessments, intake/admission process for the Behavioral Health Outpatient Program, utilization review management as needed, data entry/analysis and quality improvement activities.
As part of the information and referral process, the Behavioral Health Clinician answers all incoming calls, meets with walk-ins in the ER and for the Behavioral Health Outpatient Program as needed, performs initial call triage, facilitates assessment appointments, provides service/program appointments, tracks/maintains call database, and tracks/follows-up with referrals and information requests (includes those from EAPs, Primary Care Physicians, etc.).
Other duties of the role include:
- Assists Emergency Room (ER) Physicians, as well as Medical Floor Physicians, by giving initial impression/assessment of psychiatric/chemical dependency patients.
- Coordinates/facilitates the MOT's of patients from the ER and medical floors that require inpatient psychiatric/chemical dependency stabilization and treatment.
- Coordinates/facilitates OPC's (Order of Protective Custody/Involuntary) through the local Mental Health Court for those inpatient medical unit patients who require involuntary psychiatric treatment.
- Assists Behavioral Health Outpatient Program with assessments, group therapy, etc., as needed.
- Implements monitors regarding client satisfaction and service effectiveness. Participates in QIA teams/activities.
Please note, De-Escalation/Management of Aggressive Behaviors Training (CPI, MANDT, PMAB) or equivalent is required upon hire or by start date.
- Location/Facility – Baylor All Saints Medical Center
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – Psychology
- Shift/Schedule – Variable
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- 2 years of experience required
- Master's degree required
- Must have one of the following:
- - LCSW - Lic Clinical Social Worker
- - LMSW - Lic Masters Social Worker
- - LPC - Lic Professional Counselor
- - RN - Registered Nurse