Analyst/Senior Analyst, Strategic Planning and Analysis (Ft Worth, TX, US)
Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 53928
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- The Strategic Planning & Analysis group contributes to the airline’s long-term profitability by supporting Alliances, Loyalty, Network Planning, Revenue Management, Sales, and others through rigorous planning and forecasting of critical assets and resulting capacity and revenue; action-oriented analytics; and effective coordination and execution of cross-functional initiatives and partnerships.
- This job posting is for multiple teams within the SP&A organization
Why you'll love this job (cont'd)
Network & Fleet Strategy
This team maximizes enterprise profitability and supports Network Planning by defining long-term network strategy through development of the company’s 5-Year Network Plan, design of fundamental network components such as hub bank structures, and analysis of network strategy initiatives (including hub sizing and operations integration). The team also develops a commercial fleet strategy by recommending the future size of our fleet, evaluating new airplane types, and facilitating the cabin configuration process on new airplanes and retrofit projects (such as determining cabin seat counts).
Network and Partner Analytics
This team is responsible for evaluating new potential strategic partnerships and alliances throughout the world as well as working across various commercial and operational teams to maximize the value of our existing partnerships. Additionally, the team is responsible for reporting on key partner performance metrics and sharing those results with senior leaders of the organization.
Long Range Planning
This team helps shape and align planning about the network scale and revenue generation of the airline. In addition to forecasting both capacity and ticket revenue, the team also collaborates with other organizations across the enterprise to implement cross-functional strategic initiatives, and ensure the right resources (including aircraft, crew and facilities, among others) are in place at the right time to maximize revenue and profitability.
Loyalty and Co-brand Analysis
This team develops and monitors the effectiveness of revenue strategies and initiatives that support the AAdvantage frequent flyer program and our portfolio of global cobrand credit cards. The team utilizes statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and other analytical methods to assess such revenue opportunities and communicate the revenue impacts across the organization.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with teams across the business to lead research and analysis, formulate strategy and shape execution to influence the commercial direction of the airline
- Create high-quality quantitative analysis (through advanced data analytics) and written materials
- Contribute to the long-term strategy of the network by producing a network 5-year strategic plan
- Serve as a subject matter expert for various parts of the company’s commercial strategy – deeply understand and communicate our network strategy and position within the industry
- Leverage internal and external data and apply advanced analytical modeling techniques to forecast American’s capacity, revenue, and profitability
- Confidently and coherently articulate analyses and recommendations that shape key business decision making at all levels, including with senior executive leadership
- Create and implement network initiatives, such as new hub bank structures that increase passenger connectivity and network profitability
- Analyze data derived from various areas, such as booking activity, fleet analyses, market trends, ROI analyses, performance and budget analyses, profitability statistics, previous campaign results, site statistics, marketing efforts, revenue management, and pricing trends in order to devise strategies to increase revenue and profitability
- Interact with other groups including Network Planning, Revenue Management, Finance, Corporate Real Estate, Sales, Marketing, various operational groups, Joint Business partners and Regional affiliates
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience/training
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Commercial Strategy, Corporate Finance or similar analytical field, or Master’s degree in a related field
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Rigorous data analysis experience with tools such as Excel, Tableau, SAS, SQL or other data analysis tools
- Experience in airline Network Planning/Scheduling, Revenue Management, Airline Commercial Strategy, Finance, or Business Development
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Eager to solve complex problems and puzzles in a constrained and dynamic environment
- Ability to leverage understanding of the airline business and commercial goals to draw insights, drive results, and create innovative solutions
- Adaptive to new ideas and business processes in an ever-changing marketplace
- Ability to perform in cross-functional groups with minimal supervision to drive outcomes which benefit the entire airline
- Skilled at sharing knowledge to develop the expertise of the team as a whole
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more.
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve; inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 53928