POSITION SUMMARY: The Sorter is responsible for safely and efficiently processing incoming recyclable materials so that outbound commodities are acceptable for sale to various brokers or mills.
- Sort and segregate recoverable materials (e.g., aluminum, plastic, glass, paper, etc.) from incoming waste.
- Deposit recoverable materials safely and efficiently into appropriate chute.
- Assist other sorters on an as-needed basis with heavy or bulky items.
- Follow all Company safety policies and procedures, including stopping the conveyor belt in emergency situations.
- Inspect incoming loads for unacceptable waste; remove unacceptable items as required.
- Communicate with equipment operators regarding incoming loads of special waste or other loads that require special attention.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a Recycling Facility sorting recyclable materials.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.