With more than 20 years of experience as a trusted partner to financial institutions, CPI Card Group® is a leading provider in payment card production and related services, offering end-to-end credit, debit, and prepaid payment solutions delivered physically, digitally and on-demand. Covering a broad range of needs, our solutions include EMV chip, mag stripe, RFID, dual interface, metal, personalization, packaging, fulfillment, instant issuance, digital payment services, and more.
The position is responsible for preparing daily card shipments for secured carriers u nder the direction of Shipping Clerk Lead to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality plastic secured cards according to customer specifications and Company quality objectives
Essential Responsibilities –
- Accurately packs and ships finished cards for assigned shift based on customer job ticket requirements
- Responsible for knowing and understanding all product shipping requirements for all shipping destination, including international shipping requirements, such as customs paperwork, pro-forma invoices, etc.
- Operates and maintains assigned shipping equipment (carton labeling system, card counter, shrink wrap machine, shipping tools, etc.) including performing minor preventative maintenance and repairs. Reports any major mechanical defects to Shipping Clerk Lead and/or Maintenance.
- Prepare all Packing Lists for production jobs.
- Prepare all daily non-void shipments and related customer required paperwork supplied by Client Services and ships through FedEx.
- Ensure all packing lists and data entered into Monarch are timely and accurate and update Monarch as needed so that shipping information, quantities, etc. appear correctly on all paperwork and labeling.
- Keeps materials, supplies, product carts, boxes, cartons, and other supplies needed to be stocked in the department and notifies Shipping Clerk Lead of any replacement inventory needs
- Adhere to all CPI security requirements including counting and documenting of all cards to and from the shipping department (Audit Trail Procedure).
- Maintains cleanliness in the product shipping area.
- Provides timely feedback to management regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Complies with ISO 9001:2000 certification for all areas of responsibility
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Follows all company procedures and rules
- Follows all customer mandated security procedures and process requirements
- Conducts self in a respectful and professional manner with a focus on teamwork, quality, and timeliness at all times
- High school education or equivalent required and up to 1 year of experience using assembly, inspection, and shipping equipment.
- Good math skills to be able to compute percentages, weights, and measures
- Good organizational and detail skills in order to set up equipment, check product quality and make adjustments to meet customer deadlines and requirements
- Ability to operate Windows-based personal computers
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with others
- Ability to follow/interpret written and oral instructions and specifications
- Must be security and safety oriented
- Must be reliable through good attendance, punctuality, and cooperation
Position Scope Data –
- No direct reports
- Shipping – conduct final card count and accurately prepare customer jobs for shipping to customer
- Minimum waste per shift
- Minimum rework per job
- 100% product shipped on time within quality standards
Physical Demands –
- Work is conducted primarily in a standing position (up to 12 hrs/shift) and requires walking, bending, stooping, twisting and lifting of materials up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis and moving “roll around carts“ which may weigh up to 100 pounds; also requires working at a desk with the use of personal computers, telephone and fax equipment.
- Exposure to manufacturing areas with higher levels of noise and may require ear protection.
- Work involves dealing with people and with multiple details in a fast-paced environment, which can be tiring both mentally and physically
- Work involves good eyesight and full use of hands/fingers in order to use precision or semi-precision equipment, tools or instruments requiring deft hand movements to maintain safety
- Work is conducted in shifts and may require overtime on other shifts to meet deadlines