Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, we're looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person®.
If you're ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
Our Machinery & Equipment department is currently seeking a Machinery & Equipment Representative for our Fort Wayne, Indiana territory.
Be ready to:
- work closely with our independent agents in the marketing, prospecting, underwriting, claims handling, and servicing of equipment breakdown coverages (EBC)
- conduct jurisdictional boiler and pressure vessel certificate inspections for our EBC policyholders
- provide EBC claims evaluation services for our claims department as requested
- develop and maintain positive relationships with our local independent agency partners and their clients
- develop and maintain positive relationships with all CIC local territory associates
- serve as a technical resource for our internal and external customers regarding machinery and equipment related inquiries
- offer and provide consultative services that complement our equipment breakdown coverages e.g. loss mitigation programs and services
- conduct EBC education and training sessions for our internal and external customers
- other special projects as needed and applicable to the position
Be equipped with:
- machinery and equipment experience within a property & casualty insurance company preferred
- strong knowledge of machinery and equipment, equipment breakdown coverages, corresponding business lines, regulations and consensus standards preferred
- strong customer service skills and abilities
- strong interpersonal, consultative, organizational, and presentation skills
- ability to work independently to accomplish initiatives
- demonstrated pursuit of continuing education
- strong proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and related software
- willing to travel regularly within the territory to meet job demands
- undergraduate degree applicable to the position responsibilities or related experience and training
- possess a National Board commission or have the necessary qualifications to promptly acquire it
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or you're new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional – all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation; religion; national origin; age; disability; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn more about the Federal Employment Notices.