The Caterpillar Think BIG Program is a sponsored education program to grow future Caterpillar Mechanics. The program is provided in partnership with MacAllister Machinery, Owens Community College in Ohio, and Caterpillar Inc. The successful student will complete a 2 year Associates Degree in Caterpillar Dealer Technician/Diesel Technician Program, as well as multiple paid internships, ultimately graduating with little to no debt depending on grades attained.
As a Think BIG student, you will:
- Spend 8 weeks in school, learning both theory and hands on courses in becoming a Caterpillar Dealership Technician
- Spend the next 8 weeks at your local Caterpillar Dealer, doing a paid internship, putting theory that you've learned to real world situations
- Overall the course will take 2 years to complete
The course will take you through a variety of different tasks, included but not limited to:
- Engines and Transmissions
- General Education such as Mathematics, that supports the program
The program will reimburse you for your per semester schooling cost, dependent on your grades throughout that semester. A student who takes the program seriously and makes an effort to succeed in both school and at the work place will be ultimately rewarded with:
- An Associates in Diesel Technology
- Zero, or close to zero Student Debts
- A successful career as a Caterpillar Dealer Technician
For more detailed information visit:
In order to qualify for the Think BIG Program:
Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
As part of the application process you must:
Complete this online application Send a Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- 300 Word statement of career goals
- Three (3) Reference Letters from Teachers, Counselors, or former employers
- Clear record of your attendance in your final year of school
- Results from Accuplacer Test or ACT (Accuplacer can be administered through Community Colleges, ACT information can be found here)
Complete a Mechanical Aptitude Test (MacAllister will administer this test)
Deadline for Portfolio Submissions are February 15.
MacAllister Machinery is excited to embark on a journey to build your career as a Caterpillar Dealer Technician!
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)