There's nothing like it – being up in the trees. Once you experience that sense of freedom and adventure, it becomes a part of you. We want to help grow that passion with career opportunities, supportive leadership and a dedication to safety.
We're the second-largest vegetation management company in North America… and always growing. But really, we're in the people success business, we just happen to trim trees.
Who you are…
- Open-Minded: open to new ideas, willing to listen and observe, humble
- Love the Outdoors: enjoys varying environments/weather, not afraid to get dirty, adventurous
- Self-Motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to “do what it takes“
- Adaptable: can think on your feet, nimble, flexible
- Collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback, willing to speak-up
What you'll do:
- Be part of a tight-knit crew working in a team environment
- Perform line clearing and tree trimming duties for Lewis Tree Service's utility customers including pruning treetops and limbs, trimming or removal of at-risk/damaged trees as well as removing broken limbs from wires, roofs, etc.
- Climb trees and operate a bucket for trimming and removals in and above the power lines.
- Prepare, operate and maintain all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
- Remove limbs and brush, cleanup and dispose of debris.
- Mixing and apply spray chemicals, preserving desirable vegetation
- Safeguard employees and the public from hazards in and around the working area. Help enforce on-the-job safety practices.
What you'll need:
- Two years or more experience working as a Trimmer/Climber, working around utility lines.
- Knowledge of trees including identification, growth habits and correct arboriculture techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing, as applicable to working close to energized conductors.
- Experience in tree climbing, knot tying and PPE
- Ability to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. to shoulder height or more.
- Capable of operating two-handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.
- Willing and able to obtain specialized training and certifications as required, such as:
- Local, state and federal licenses
- First Aid and CPR cards
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and job duty skills tests
- Specialized paid training & certifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health insurance plans
- Paid time off
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Retirement & savings plans options
- Employee assistance program
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship, promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service's practices and policies are administered in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.