Installs, configures, supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems pertaining to all corporate telecommunications equipment. Recommends and schedules repairs. Provides end users support for all telecom-based systems. Installs and configures phone systems / and circuits. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Provides World Class Customer Service to internal and external customers.
- Provides 24x7 production support to the enterprise
- Supports and maintains production telephony infrastructure in a multi-site WAN environment
- Processes requests from internal ticketing systems
- Support the creation, maintenance and implementation of procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed and corrected.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
- Communicates and coordinates telecom schedule, backups, and downtime to users.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of application and hardware configurations.
- Configures all telecom hardware according to organization's standards.
- Diagnoses and repairs telecom equipment including but not limited to: systems, modules, keysets, call routing
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for hardware and software.
- Coordinates carrier contracts, invoicing and compliance with SLAs
- Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of telecom resources.
- Performs the installation and maintenance of networked phone systems and voice/data cabling.
- Provides support and trains users in corporate telephony usage.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by the clients and management to document project plans
- Manages day-to-day project and scope changes
- Coordinates installation of hardware and software by others.
- Reviews reports, files, and messages to identify instances of possible issues.
- Performs the planning, communication, testing, and implementation of telecom disaster recovery procedures
- Collects and analyzes system performance and utilization.
- Performs capacity planning
- Performs complex technical tasks including debugging and supporting telecom modules and systems.
- Provides mentoring and support to other staff members
- Writes process and procedural documentation including requirements.
- Researches and evaluates new telecom technologies.
- Makes self available to other staff members as a source of information.
- Develops and coordinates knowledge transfer.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Possesses five to eight years related experience, (5 years hands-on experience)
- Works under limited supervision
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the role.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must have expert experience with Mitel / Inter-Tel PBX systems
- Must have expert knowledge of carrier circuits and topology.
- Must have extensive knowledge of VoIP/SIP.
- Working knowledge of computer/telephony integration
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Preferred certification in telecom technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to exchange information with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Primary job functions typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Sets priorities for themselves and for others, based on workload, using past experiences as a guide line.
- Must have excellent collaboration skills.
- Can lead projects through complex tasks.
Physical and Environmental Demands
- Must be able to move equipment weighing 50-75lbs.
- Light travel required (< 10%)