Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Manufacturers Golf and Country Club has an exciting opportunity available to join the Greens
Maintenance Team as an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. The club is in the process of updating our William Flynn design course master plan, planning for a new irrigation system and the completion of a new bar and patio for the spring of 2022.
Recently, our Senior Assistant accepted a role as a head golf course superintendent, and we promoted within.
Why work at Manufacturers' Golf and Country Club?
- Committed vision from club leadership to enhance the golf course and club operations to strengthen position as one of the top club's in Pennsylvania
- Growth and advancement opportunities including project management, crew management and operational improvements
- Fun and enjoyable club environment that trickles down to all staff levels
- Execute pesticide and fertilizer applications, irrigation trouble shooting and management
- Exposure to major course improvements including drainage installation, maintenance facility improvements, equipment enhancements and furthering agronomic programs.
- Learn the culture and make an immediate impact on small crew management
- Active participant in management discussions and daily course set up and preparation.
Success Traits of Individual:
- Punctual, highly attentive to details, takes the initiative to improve oneself and operations
- High degree of self-awareness to be a positive team player that works well with others
- Motivated individual with a desire to learn and grow in the golf and turf industry
- Clear communication and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain a Pennsylvania pesticide license
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary - $55,000-$65,000
- Golfing privileges
- Pro-shop discounts
- Health/vision/dental insurance
- 401K with company match after 1 year
- Association participation at the local and national level
- Education and professional development opportunities
- 2 or 4 year degree/certification in turfgrass, landscape or horticulture management or related field
- 1-2 years experience on a golf course, landscape or horticulture position preferred
Over one hundred and twenty years ago, a group of industrial leaders founded the Manufacturers' Club of
Philadelphia. The membership was made up largely of textile manufacturing executives from the area,
hence the club's unique name. The original Clubhouse was a magnificent structure erected at Broad and
Walnut Streets in the heart of Center City. As a reminder of this time, Manufacturers' original charter,
signed May 19, 1887, is displayed in today's Clubhouse located in Fort Washington.
Desiring a country club and golf course, the membership would relocate to a beautiful location in the nearby suburbs. The Board of Directors, led by then President John Fisler, appointed a committee on February 1, 1923, to secure an option to purchase Ridgewood Farm, located in Upper Dublin Township. This is where William Flynn was hired. William Flynn had space to spare when designing this course. It is said the Flynn did much of his original planning simply by sitting atop the clubhouse hill with a sketch pad in his lap, routing
the holes over the terrain spread out far below. The course that finally emerged was reportedly little
changed from what he had envisioned as he commanded the entire sweep of the tract from this aerie.
To learn more, please visit https://www.mg-cc.org/