The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Division is current seeking a Management Analyst for the Southern Area Operations Division in Prince George's County, Md. The successful candidate will collect data, conduct studies, research and assist in the development of meaningful data-driven projects related to recreation and park operations.
This candidate must demonstrate sound decision making ability, be politically savvy to interact with individuals of all levels and able to work under short deadlines. Able to thrive in an ever-changing environment that focuses on exceptional customer service.
Please Note: The salary range listed above represents the earning potential for this position. The budgeted salary range for this position is $54,066 - $73,289. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Examples of Important Duties
- Collect and analyze various forms of operational data (e.g., registration, attendance, memberships, scans, zip codes, fees, level of service, revenue, cancelation rates, amenities) for end of program and seasonal program evaluation reports and presentations for special projects.
- Assist in the development of performance metrics and goals and tools for implementation to include surveys and program evaluation.
- Prepare quarterly reports, annual reports and performance measure data for regular reviews, budget submissions and comprehensive reports and recommendations.
- Drafts and develops presentations and other materials. Delivers training to staff as required.
- Benchmarks and researches best practices to ensure existing operating procedures meets standards in the Parks and Recreation industry.
- Provides research, assists in analysis to determine effectiveness of recommendations, develops presentations to support recommendations and presents to wide variety of audiences including management.
- Stays abreast of current initiatives within the Department and facilitates communication about these issues to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops effective communication and education on Agency programs, standards and offerings and works with Department leadership on long-term projects and Agency-wide programs.
- Develop and manage a system to ensure ongoing evaluation and assessment of processes, exploring and introducing best practices and efficiencies for operations.
- Collaborate to develop, update and implement standard policies and procedures and continuously analyze procedures and streamline processes for optimal efficiency.
- Establish and maintain centralized record keeping system.
- Track customer service data and identify complaints and issues and follow up responses to help identify any consistent patterns that may require a process review to address.
- Track trainings, memberships, conferences, and other program and/or program participant information as needed.
- Track safety inspections and certifications to ensure operational, program and safety standards set by regulating agencies County, State, and DPR are met (i.e. Food handler licenses and certificates, special event permits)
- Assist in tracking projects or upcoming programs for the Department, including analyzing and preparing data for reports.
- Any other related/relevant duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Finance, Business or any related field.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management,
finance or any other related field of business administration.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, which together total 6 years.
Class/Specification Title: Management Analyst II
Preferred candidates will possess:
- Strong working knowledge of data collection, research, analysis and project management.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while solving complex issues.
- Able to move forward multiple collaborative initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to develop marketing materials. Knowledge of and skill in applying the principles and practices of data collection, research, evaluation methods and assessment skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint with experience in developing and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with considerable pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent work ethic.