A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
The Sr. Product Engineer - Combustion will be responsible for product design and development activities for HVAC&R systems. As a member of the product engineering team, will have to perform, lead and coordinate activities related to system and component modeling, simulation, design, prototyping, testing and analysis, and all other engineering activities from concept through product launch as well as take part in cost improvement and product maintenance activities.
This position will serve our Air Division, located in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ability to develop residential and commercial gas-fired appliances
- Conduct necessary background research, analysis and testing of various design options as it relates to key requirements including applicable product and test standards, performance, cost, manufacturability, installability, serviceability and project schedule, scope and cost.
- Coordinate activities as necessary with other functions such as Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality, and Finance etc. to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Actively engage with vendors of various components and sub-systems to successfully develop the product through active collaboration, specification, review, evaluation, and analysis of the purchased parts.
- Investigate and troubleshoot product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements and exploits these through design modifications.
- Create reports and presentations on product and project activities periodically and as required.
- Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure project is executed within time, cost and budget constraints.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the Rheem’s product, design, engineering, and service capabilities, as well as manufacturing and quality standards.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Rheem’s and competitive products, and keep abreast of industry activities and product and technology trends.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Bachelor’sdegree in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace or related Engineering with 7-10years of experience or
- Atleast 7 years of experience in gas-fired product development related toHVAC&R equipment
- Demonstratedproficiency in application of thermo-fluid modeling, analysis, design anddevelopment of products and systems.
- Mustbe hands on and have experience in working in a lab preferably in amanufacturing environment.
- Demonstratedability in working in product development teams and leading other engineers andlab technicians.
- Demonstratedproficiency with data analysis including statistical and uncertainty analysis.
- Demonstratedability in designing experiments, interpreting experimental data, conductinganalysis, drawing conclusions and preparing summary reports.
- Abilityto read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and regulations.
- Demonstratedcomputer proficiency in all business related software packages (e.g. MSOffice), as well as experience with specific applications and programs relatedto design engineering (i.e., Creo, Solidworks, Pro/E, etc). Familiarity and/or experience withComputational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software such as ANSYS-Fluent.
- Proficiencyin project management, materials, manufacturing processes and businessprocesses.
- Workingknowledge of new product and technology development processes.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Master’sdegree in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace or related Engineering with 5-7 yearsof experience or Ph. D. in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering. Particular specialization on Thermal-Fluidsand/or Energy Engineering.
- ProfessionalEngineering certification
- Experiencewith application of commercial and in-house thermal-fluids systems modeling andanalysis tools.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.