Position Summary: This position is to perform general electrical/electronic work in the plant. This position is on 2nd shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, test and repair electronic equipment using hand tools and test instruments.
- Use diagnostic skills to locate defective components and circuits.
- The industrial control systems which the technician will encounter at this installation currently and in the future include but are not limited to: Resistance welding controllers, A.C. and D.C. variable speed motor controls, servo-motor control systems, high voltage electrostatic paint application systems and programmable logic controller based systems.
- Maintain and repair other related equipment and systems to keep plant functioning.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Report any unusual mechanical or operating conditions to proper persons.
- Maintain quality standards according to specifications.
- Regular attendance is expected and required.
Requirements & Minimum Education:
- 3 years manufacturing experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must satisfy standard requirements for advancement from “B” to “A”
- 2 years electrical/electronic experience or apprenticeship program
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology preferred
- Proficient in troubleshooting
- The ability to work overtime and weekends as neededSkills:
- Attention to Detail
- Basic Math
- Reading/Writing Comprehension