Secretary (OAA)

Department of Defense Fort Riley, KS
* Duties

Help Duties Summary

About the Position: Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) at Fort Riley is uniquely located in the rolling Flint Hills region of Northeast Kansas. Nestled between Junction City (pop. 25,000) and Manhattan (pop. 57,000).

Manhattan has been recognized on the following sites for its quality of life:

* #3 on a list of Best Small Places for Business and Careers (Forbes)

* Top 10 Places to Retire (Money Magazine)

* Top 50 College Towns in America (Best College Reviews)

* Top 10 Best Places to Retire Young (CNN Money)

* Top 100 Places to Live in America (Livability)

The new $347M IACH opened in October 2016. IACH has grown to a 47-bed facility with 6 OR's, 2 Endoscopy Rooms, and an in-patient behavioral health unit. Sleep lab services will be added soon. Our Women's Health is a high-5 with over 900 babies a year.

Join #TeamIACH, your home in the Flint Hills; making Fort Riley the best place in the Army for Soldiers to live, train, deploy from, and come home to.

This position is located at Office of the Commander.

Learn more about this agency


* Serve as a Secretary (Office Automation) at Irwin Army Community Hospital.

* Receive and screen telephone calls, visitors, and personnel to the Deputy Commander's office.

* Maintain Deputy's calendar (often with competing schedules and time constraints).

* General gatekeeper for all office activities and access.

Travel Required

Not required

Supervisory status


* Job family (Series)

0318 Secretary

* Requirements

Help Requirements Conditions of Employment

* This position requires a Local Background investigation.


Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.

* Current Department of Army Civilian Employees

* Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)

* Executive Order (E.O.) 12721

* Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan

* Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473

* Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)

* Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer

* Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible

* Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant

* Reinstatement

* Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998

In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.

Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience preparing reports, planning and arranging multiple schedules, receiving and screening telephone calls and customers, proofreading, taking meeting notes and transcribing to proper minutes format, making travel arrangement and preparing vouchers.. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).

You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:

* Clerical

* Computer Skills

* Customer Service

Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06).


Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.

Similar jobs you might like