Concrete Sales Manager
Titan America LLC is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. TITAN Group has a record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Sales Manager for the Ready -Mix Concrete Division in the East Coast region, and based in Fort Pierce, Florida. This is an exempt position and will report directly to the Director of Sales. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support, motivate, delegate, and coach sales team to achieve budgeted volumes, and positive financial results, through value added selling and achieving material spread targets.
- Manage key profit accounts and retain strong customer relationships.
- Achieve better understanding of key drivers and opportunities for continuous improvement by analyzing daily, weekly and monthly performance results/reports, sales volumes, selling price; report findings to Area Manager with action plans.
- Provide efficient operational utilization of assets and people through monthly forecasting and budget preparation and effective communications with Operations and Customer Service for asset allocation.
- Promote positive Titan America image and strengthen customer/vendor relationships through involvement with trade associations, maintaining contact with key customers and vendors and community involvement
- Minimize disputed items and improve cash flow by achieving Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO) targets and monitoring Disputed Items (DI) resolutions.
- Coordinate with Area Manager for establishing sales team performance and development objectives and goals to achieve annual strategic goals through regular communication and positive financial results
- Conduct regular performance and development reviews; develop direct reports to achieve next level position within TA creating a strong succession plan for each position and engagement of their work teams.
- Formulate a market plan as to achieve and exceed budgeted goals
- Establish and adjust selling prices to market plan by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
- Excellent communication skills with professional decorum over the phone/radio as well as written.
- Good mathematical ability to compute counts.
- Problem Solving, Decision-Making, and Critical-Thinking skills.
- Ability to stay organized and work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in the Building Materials/Construction industry for at least 1 years is preferred (Cement, Aggregate, Fly Ash, Ready-Mix, and Block.)
- Previous supervisory, coaching, and training experience a plus.
- Experience with SAP systems is required. Integra is a plus.
- Able to work over-time to meet customer needs.