Territory Health and Safety Manager
We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class associates, which is why we're dedicated to offering limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with Ferguson. Together, we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation's infrastructure from the ground up. Join our team today!
We are currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Territory Health and Safety Manager based in our Fort Payne, AL Distribution Center.
This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of safety at the Distribution Center. Additionally, this individual will partner with the surrounding branches to establish and maintain safety practices and procedures.
- Travel is required to additionally support branches in the states of AL, AR, LA, MS, and TN. Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Effectively partner and lead site and regional leaders in safety initiatives, holding leaders accountable for maintaining established standards, also providing influence and guidance on all matters related to health, safety, and environmental issues
- Execute HSE training, programs, and processes in partnership with site and regional leaders
- Train new associates in the organization's safe operating procedures and HSE standards
- Responsible for ensuring OSHA compliance, HSE inspections, and required HSE reports
- Monitor environment to ensure that work areas, tools and equipment meet HSE requirements
- Ensure associates operate powered industrial equipment according to Safe Operating Procedures and Ferguson Safety Policies
- Document all HSE incidents and lead accident investigations, following established reporting and recording requirements
- Manage Safety Committee meetings, publish agendas, email invitations and committee minutes along with overseeing the follow up on any items requiring resolution/attention
- Compile data on location incidents rates, restricted duty, and lost time per SOP
- Oversee injured worker treatment plans, restricted duty, and lost time claims
- Communicate with worker's comp carrier as needed to ensure cases are managed to completion
- Perform all work in accordance with established HSE standards and adhere to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on premises, branches or at project site
- Provides project teams with guidance on health and safety and confirm projects meet company, local, state and federal guidelines and regulations
- Provide technical support to and consultation to site and regional leadership
- Perform other duties or functions as requested by management
- Provide strong leadership to drive a culture of safety, previous work experience leading safety efforts in an industrial multi-site environment
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline plus minimum of 3 years of HSE specific experience or minimum of 8 -10 years' experience required
- Candidate must be willing to work varied shifts depending on the needs of the location. Position will include spending time on night shift as well as rare weekends if needed
- Ability to create and train utilizing Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Possess hazard recognition skills to identify risk and to implement corrective action plans
- Ability to tactfully coach, mentor, and correct unsafe behavior in real time
- Must be able to work in non-controlled environmental conditions
- Certification in OSHA safety procedures preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional presentation and written skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with individuals professionally and confidently at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
As a large, successful company who prides itself on its stability, Ferguson can offer a competitive benefits package which Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal and holiday), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities and much more!
- The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.