TrueNet Communications is currently seeking Field Engineers in the Fort Myers, FL area to perform CATV and Broadband site surveys. The successful candidates will have technical aptitude, be willing to learn, and be able to travel 100% locally and out of market. TrueNet will provide all necessary training.
The Field Engineer gathers the necessary field information regarding aerial, buried or underground Outside Plant (OSP) telecommunications cable and associated facilities. The information provided by the Field Engineer will be utilized to facilitate the design of work orders to place new network cables, utility poles, hand holes, terminal cabinets, etc. or to rearrange/modify the existing network. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Take detailed measurements, notes and pictures of the proposed telecommunications network construction locations, cable routes, and equipment sites.
- Travel to required work sites.
- Obtain accurate distances and necessary field data using a measuring wheel, range finder, pole stick or other outside plant engineering tools.
- Follow measuring guidelines set forth by the customer.
- Adhere to safety guidelines set forth by TrueNet and customer.
- Report data/notes to appropriate design team member and/or manager.
- Maintain company vehicle (if provided) as directed by manager and/or safety team.
- Attend onsite meetings as directed by TrueNet and/or customer.
- Attend training sessions to maintain and build upon skill, knowledge and performance levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience with and understanding of OSP construction techniques required.
- Working knowledge of OSP infrastructure, equipment, easement, right-of-way and permit documents is preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSP aerial, buried and UG Plant.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 50 pounds up to one-third of the time.
- Must be able to work and travel in various weather conditions.
- Use of ladder and power tools required more than 50% of the time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a field position and requires 80% or more travel.
- Most work is completed outdoors.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays. TrueNet Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.