Mbr Exp Specialist
Sharonview Standard Brand
Fort Mill, SC
Requisition Number: MBREX01150
- Process a set of basic member financial transactions.
- Respond to routine member inquiries regarding the basic operation of accounts and access to services.
- Operate computer terminal to accurately post transactions, access account information, balance transactions, and generally update member account information.
- Maintain a current knowledge of products and services, changes in regulations and internal policies and procedures specifically related to their job.
- Maintain a knowledge of and comply with all BSA related regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and safeguard all member information.
- Understand and be able to calculate and explain deposit rates and APRs to members.
- Empowered to resolve complaints, solve member problems and refund fees without supervisory approval.
- Cross-offer, promote and educate our members on our products and services.
- Perform such other member service functions that might be needed from time to time and assist other team members to complete tasks and work assignments.
- Process all member financial transactions: including but not limited to, closing accounts, issuing checks, processing transfers and withdrawals, issuing certificates
- Respond to member inquiries regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account discrepancies, adding, or reducing service features on various accounts, and assisting members
- Maintain confidentiality and safeguard all member information
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. ( highlighted areas will be job specific and could even be need specific at time of hire)
- Proficient with a variety of computer software applications, including MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Must have a service orientation - actively looking for ways to help people solve problems or meet financial objectives.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with an outgoing, friendly personality. Information can be exchanged in person, in writing, by telephone or e-mail with a wide variety of persons, both internally and externally
- Possess the ability to work well with people and to create a self-motivating work environment. Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Must accept empowerment to be accountable; must be willing to be coached and be moldable and teachable.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills, high level of accuracy, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while able to give attention to details.
- Possess the ability to perform active listening skills: give full attention during communication, taking time to understand, asking questions for clarification.
- Demonstrate complex problem solving skills - identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Requires creativity, resourcefulness, strong decision-making and quick-thinking skills and abilities.
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with all BSA related regulations and internal policies and procedures