Associate II, Warehouse - 2nd Shift
What Material Handling contributes to Cardinal Health
Uses a variety of equipment such as forklifts, conveyors, handcarts, and power trucks to move materials, parts, assemblies and finished products or goods within a plant, office or warehouse. May maintain records.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years related work experience and/or training required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* 1 year job/function related experience
* Previous forklift experience
* No Sitting, Standing and walking 8 - 10 hours a day
* Pushing/Pulling of cart weighing 50 - 75 lbs
* Lifting of components weighing 10 - 40 lbs
* Constant balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, grasping
* Constant stepping on and off PIT
* Must be able to lift up to 40 lb.
Responsible for picking components to the exact quantity requested by production.
* Picking correct component quantities including additional picks primarily on forklifts
* Inspect, maintain, and operate forklift equipment in a safe manner.
* Separate all piggyback & PBDS from custom sterile components and place into totes or gaylords
* Verifies lot number and expiration date if applicable
* Pick components in FIFO while maintaining organized stocking locations
* Completed order is placed in tote/gaylords and placed on belt or staging location.
* Maintain housekeeping and remove all empty corrugate/pallets
* Perform all process per QA procedures.
* Perform to company standard 5S program.
* Perform other duties within the scope of job assignment as assigned by the Supervisor and or lead included but not limited to other tasks or assignments that are in the scope with equivalent knowledge, experience, skills and abilities.
* Perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by the Company, Local, and State and Federal provisions.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.