SAIC is looking for an energetic, adaptive team member to support our growing team in support of USMC cyberspace operations as a Senior Cyber Network Engineer with an active TS/SCI Polygraph to work onsite with our customer at Ft. Meade in Maryland.
This position is in support of future work associated with MARFORCYBER. This role is contingent upon award in the Spring of 2021.
This individual will work in close coordination with our team at Ft. Meade, MD, in creating, deploying, and sustaining cyberspace operations training events at both the individual and team level for the U.S. Marine Corps.
This individual must be well-organized with a strong attention to detail. Additionally, work ethic is one of the strongest qualities SAIC brings to the fight and must be distinguishable.
Education and Required Years of Experience:
- 8 (eight) years or more experience
- Bachelors degree or 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree
- 5 years of experience on a Red or Blue team OR similar on-keyboard experience
- Demonstrated understanding of networking concepts
- Configuring routers and switches from the command line
- CIDR notation
- Internal and external domains
- Employment of DMZs
- Working within virtualized environments (VMWare)
- Strong familiarity with Windows and Linux distributions; comfortable working from CLI
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain TS/SCI with Polygraph
Desired Experience/ Nice to Have:
- A strong desire to educate the current and next generation of our militarys cyber professionals; the perfect candidate stays on the bleeding-edge in the world of cybersecurity and has a desire to train others
- Experience employing Puppet
- Comfortable with Python
- Familiarity with Docker
- Previous use of a Jira Help Desk ticketing system