The National Security Group of SAIC is seeking a Cyberspace Operations Engineer with a TS/SCI Polygraph to work onsite with our customer at Ft. Meade in Maryland.
Shift: Tuesday – Friday from 0530 to 1530
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, integrating, and maintaining operational TTPs and SOPs, recommending network management policies and procedures for implementation and identifying DODIN OPS and DCO enterprise management tool requirements and evaluates operational standards and tools for use. Additionally, the candidate selected will maintain an in-depth knowledge in IT standards, protocols, and methods of exploitation, and coordinate network defense operations with DOD Component Commands/Services/Agencies/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FAs), Intelligence Agencies, Law Enforcement (LE), and U.S. Government organizations.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Researching and analyzing cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements
- Evaluates products against the customer's operational requirements
- Assisting with the implementation of security solutions
- Researching, developing requirements, evaluating, testing, and implementing new or improved information security software, devices or systems
- Applying a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop, and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies
- Providing planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for cyber capabilities and identifies opportunities for mission enhancement
- Researching, designs, developing, and implementing proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assists in highly focused, quick-turnaround market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements
- Assisting in the evaluation of industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the security design, and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Cyberspace Operations Engineer or related functional area with a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline; or a Master's Degree and three (3) years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level II Certification (CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP, GSLC, or CCISO)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- TS/SCI with Polygraph