A career in our Workday Finance practice, within Workday Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients leverage Workday technology as a tool to enhance and unify Human Resources, talent management, and finance. We focus on understanding the forces shaping their business and developing industry tailored solutions that support our clients through the entire lifecycle of the Workday implementation. In joining, you'll be a part of a team that helps our clients reinvent their financial management capabilities and drive change across their businesses. Acting as a true business partner, we get to know their business so they can achieve business process optimisation and gain access to a full range of financial capabilities, relevant analytics and metrics, and fully auditable process management that delivers accurate and timely financial information for confident decision making with Workday.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting
Workday Services functional certification and/or engagement manager certification, CPA
Demonstrates prior proven success in a role utilizing the Workday environment for at least one year.
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge and success in roles advising global organizations on improving efficiency and effectiveness in transaction processing, close and consolidation, budgeting and forecasting, and internal and external reporting, which includes the following areas:
- Process improvement in, industry knowledge, and applications of at least one of the following focus areas: shared service and outsourcing, finance transformation, performance management, financial systems optimization, and talent management;
- Managerial cost accounting, financial modelling and industry systems/processes;
- ERP systems, including SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, JDE, Workday, NetSuite.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success in roles with analysing detailed finance and accounting processes to identify improvement opportunities in the following areas:
- Close and consolidation;
- Internal and external reporting;
- People and organization structures;
- Performance management, budgeting and forecasting capabilities;
- Transactional processes eg intercompany, P2P, Order to Cash etc;
- Maintenance and building of cost-effective controls.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success in roles with simplifying complex processes to improve reliability and achieve cost and cycle time reductions, as well as manage work streams of a complex project to implement improvements.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates proven success and thorough abilities to learn and perform in functional and technical capacities, which includes the following areas:
- System application implementations and software configurations;
- Utilization of PC applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and business levels of fluency in multiple languages to write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently, emphasizing the ability to capture effectively clients' needs and understand their systems enough to be able to translate those needs in to system functionality;
- Produce deliverables within a diverse, fast paced environment, collaborating effectively collaborate across teams and juggling multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.