*TILE - TECHNICIAN
About Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood is the flagship casino resort of Hard Rock International, owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. This world-renowned entertainment, gaming and hospitality destination unveiled a $1.5 billion expansion on Oct. 24, 2019. New offerings include 638 upscale guestrooms in the first-ever Guitar Hotel, 168 luxury guestrooms and unique swim-up suites in the adjacent Oasis Tower at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, and 465 newly redesigned guestrooms in Hard Rock Hotel for a combined room count of 1,271 throughout the resort. Additional amenities include the lush, “Bora Bora” style lagoon with private cabanas and butler service; a 42,000 square-foot Rock Spa® & Salon; a 13.5-acre recreational water experience for swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding; 19 dining outlets and 20 bars and lounges; an expansive gaming floor with 3,100 slots, 195 table games and a 45-table poker room; 120,000 square feet of premier meeting and convention space including a 38,000 square-foot, carpeted exhibition hall; and a 26,000 square-foot retail promenade. The highly anticipated Hard Rock Live entertainment venue with a 7,000-person capacity, will showcase A-list entertainers, comedy acts, Broadway performances, sporting events and live broadcast productions. The integrated resort is located on 87 acres of the Hollywood Seminole Reservation along State Road 7 (U.S. Highway 441), and is 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Miami and Miami International Airport. For more information, visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com, call 800-937-0010 or follow us: Facebook: SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram: @HardRockHolly.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer rockin' benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurances, 401K, Paid time off, Annual Bonus Opportunity & much more! Please visit to see our full list of benefits!
Under the direction of the Facilities Shift Supervisor, the incumbent installs, repairs and maintains carpet and tile areas in all areas of the Hard Rock Facility. Duties include but not limited to:
Essential Job Functions:
- Must adhere to Seminole Tribe's Policies and Procedures.
- Applies and or repairs all types of carpets and tile to walls, floors, ceilings and promenade roof decks.
- Walks all carpeted areas of Casino floor as well as public spaces and restrooms daily to develop repair lists to enter into Synergy
- Measures, cuts carpets and tiles, uses tile saws, edging tools, grout removal tools, carpet iron’s and cutters
- Spreads and levels adhesive and plaster bases as appropriate, can level surfaces to accept new flooring.
- Inspects and monitors surfaces to identify location and causes of cracks or other defects and reports to supervisor.
- Maintains and repairs tools and equipment as necessary; monitors inventory of supplies.
- Interfaces and coordinates with internal departments to schedule installations and repairs so as to cause minimal business interruption.
- Assists in estimating material costs and labor hours needed to complete assigned jobs; maintains required records on selected projects as assigned.
- Examines blueprints, measures and marks surfaces to be covered and lays out work.
- Always promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
- Always maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Always performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or trade school certificate required as well as a minimum of three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
DisclaimerWhile this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.