Reporting to the Terminal Manager, the Terminal Operator is responsible for safely operating all Terminal equipment in connection with receiving, storing, transferring, and loading of petroleum products via pipeline, trucks, rail cars, water vessels or tanks. The Terminal Operator is also responsible for the testing of products and documentation of results; maintenance of Terminal equipment; preparation of various Terminal reports; and general maintenance and upkeep of the facility. This is a Safety Sensitive position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the safe operation of the terminal; maintain awareness for personal and co-workers safety, and ensure knowledge and compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Perform gauging of storage tanks, temperature readouts, and obtaining product samples.
- Perform all daily, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual maintenance and compliance inspections, and maintain required logs as appropriate.
- Complete daily meter readings for all products. Calculate and input all product inventories and meter readings into appropriate systems.
- Ensure that all Terminal equipment, including safety devices and systems are functioning properly, and report any and all equipment failures to supervisor.
- Perform daily walk around inspections to identify any potential risks and ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Conduct preventive and routine maintenance on various operating equipment, including, but not limited to, pumps, valves, meters, compressors, motors, tanks, pipes, terminal building, and various other equipment.
- Calibrate and adjust all additive injection systems as required.
- Basic testing of oils, such as viscosity, A.P.I. and flash when necessary.
- Complete all required additive Volumetric Additive Reconciliation documentation on a monthly basis. Take product samples as required, perform required Quality Control tests and maintain Product Quality Log.
- Issue work permits to contractors performing work at Terminal. Includes ensuring that pre-job safety meetings, lockout - tag-out, confined space entry, and gas tech monitoring requirements are met for all work performed at the Terminal.
- Ensure that all contractors, customers and vendors follow Company/Terminal Policies and Procedures when accessing or working in the Terminal.
- Communicate product outages and equipment downtime to appropriate individuals.
- Participate in emergency situations as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.