The Shift Manager is the individual making key operational decisions at the station during their shift. The Shift Manager is physically located in the “Station Operations“ office or the “Station Control Center,“ from where operational decisions are made. These decisions include but are not limited to gate assignments, gate changes, holding of flights for connecting or delayed customers, assignment of resources (people and equipment) to different areas of the operation to ensure safety and reliability, planning for the upcoming shift and the following day, assignment of business partner resources to ensure safety and reliability, coordination with other airlines, airport operations and airport stakeholders and ensuring that the station adheres to all company and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the station meets or exceeds operational goals such as on-time performance, safety and security, cabin appearance, Mishandled Baggage Ratio (MBR), management of irregular operations, and compliance with all company policies and regulatory requirements (DOT, FAA, ADA) through effective decision making and communications.
- Ensure effective and professional communications with all station departments, station leadership, Spirit's Operations Control Center, company leadership, government agencies, other airlines, airport stakeholders, ultimately resulting in safe and reliable operations.
- Accurately scopes out tasks and projects, sets goals, breaks down work into process steps, develops schedules and assigns resources. Uses resources effectively to obtain optimal results. Looks to the future, anticipates future needs and requirements, and acts early to ensure future needs are met.
- Dedicated to providing the highest quality results at the lowest total cost. Always gets more accomplished with less resources (people, time, money). Holds self and other accountable at all times.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with external and internal customers. Knows how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal networks.
- Make accurate, timely decisions based upon analysis, judgment and experience.
- Ability to effectively blend people into teams. Fosters and positive working environment of open dialogue and feedback. Defines success in terms of the whole team.
- Communicates effectively, persuasively and professionally at all levels of the organization and with business partners, federal agencies, airport authorities, other airlines and other airport stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience; In-depth knowledge of airport operations required.
- 10% travel is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Work under pressure while still maintaining near 100% accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments
- Highly approachable professional demeanor
- Frequently stands, walks, sits, and uses eye/hand coordination, color definition.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies, change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments.)
- Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it *
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.