Job Description Details:
This position will assist in the practice of Occupational Therapy under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist. Documents patient's progress per protocol.
Job Description Details:
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
- Assists patient, as directed by the Occupational Therapist, towards goal achievement through effective treatment plan and interventions.
- Makes timely and appropriate discharge plans and recommendations for the anticipated needs of the patient in collaboration with the attending Occupational Therapist.
- Participates actively in patient staffing and /or team meetings.
- Under the direction of the Occupational Therapist, make appropriate recommendations and referrals for additional services.
- Adheres to and maintains all necessary competency requirements for job responsibilities.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
- Graduate of an Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
- Licensed in the State of Florida as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- 1-2 year experience in an Occupational Therapy Clinical Setting.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving diverse communities that include more than 30 million people across 22 states. Trinity Health includes 94 hospitals, as well as 109 continuing care locations that include PACE programs, senior living facilities, and home care and hospice services. Its continuing care programs provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Based in Livonia, Mich., and with annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $24.7 billion, the organization returns $1.1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, Trinity Health is known for its focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, the organization is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services - ranked by number of visits - in the nation, as well as the nation's leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs. For more information, visit www.trinity-health.org . You can also follow @TrinityHealthMI on Twitter.