Qualifications: EDUCATION: An earned associates degree from an accredited institution, OR at least 60 semester hours of earned college credit from an accredited institution.
EDUCATION: Standard high school diploma or satisfactory completion of
an approved General Educational Development (GED) Testing Program.
REQUIRED: Achieve a passing score on either the Para Pro Assessment Test or other officially sanctioned standard tests, which measure required reading and mathematics skills, to assist in instructing reading/language arts, writing, and mathematics; or reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate. The ability to interact and communicate effectively with children. Computer skills required as needed for the position.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: If additional hours of continuing education are mandated by program funding source they must be obtained within the required timeframe for continuing active employment in the position.
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience working with children.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- If assigned to a Pre-K/Pre-School Exceptional Student Education (ESE) classroom with (ESE) students, may provide assistance, as required, with activities of daily living which may include any or all of the following by:
- assisting with personal hygiene and restroom functions, which may include
diapering or catheterization.
- providing mobility assistance including lifting, positioning or transferring
- assisting with activities related to seizure control.
- assisting with feeding needs, which may include suctioning.
- assisting with adaptive equipment needs.
- providing behavioral assistance, which may include utilizing positive crisis
management (PCM) skills.
Hourly Rate Range: $11.28 per hour
Pay Grade: 11