UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
RN - Acute Care
FTE: 0.6 (Part-time, 24 hours per week)Shift: Monday - Friday 7am-7pm with every 3rd weekend and 2 holidays per year
- Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
- Assists anesthesia during procedures by setting up equipment , moniters, starting IV's and administering medications per order.
- Frequent monitering of blood pressure, oxygen saturation, EKG reading ,and tidal CO2.
- Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient's care.
- Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required on assigned unit in accordance with
- established policies, procedures and standards of care of the ED/OR /surgical services or department in which assigned.
- Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
- Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.
- Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
- Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient's and their families' age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
- Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
- Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited nursing program.
Complete Assigned Essential of Critical Care orientation modules and the ECG module, refer to Job Description Addendum.
Complete 2 hours of Stroke education first year and then 1 year annually.
BSN degree required
Five years of hospital clinical experience in specialities of surgical services /procedural areas.
hospital clinical experience in ED, OB and med surg
Current RN Licensure in State of Iowa or applicable compact state. Must be licensed in state of residence.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Advanced Life Support, (ACLS), refer to Job Descirption Addendum
Cardiac – Vascualr Nursing Board Certfied ANCC (American Nurses Crdentialing Center)
Certfied Medical – Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) MSNCB Medical Surgical Nursing Certification Board.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Electronic and mechanical patient care equipment, office equipment, medications, including controlled substances and therapeutic gasses.