UnityPoint at Home - Fort Dodge
FTE: 1.0 (Full-time, 40 hours per week)Shift: Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of equipment services and supplies to patients according to care plan. Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Consistently utilizes a holistic approach considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of patients served in assigned service area.
- Delivers and sets up or picks-up equipment from patient homes, hospitals and other health care facilities.
- Cleans, checks, troubleshoots, and performs minor repairs and maintenance on equipment related to job requirements.
- Assists in the provision of quality equipment and supplies to patients/clients in the most cost-effective manner.
- Fills liquid oxygen equipment and operates oxygen transfilling equipment.
- Maintains a detailed audit trail of all equipment transactions that have been received, delivered or disposed.
- Maintains and arranges the completion of all required maintenance on his/her assigned vehicle where applicable.
- Maintains his/her assigned vehicle in accordance with DOT guidelines and/or UnityPoint at Home policy.
- Maintains his/her assigned vehicle in a clean, organized, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Transports and delivers equipment in accordance with compliance, accreditation and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains familiarity with the functionality of all lines Home Medical Equipment utilized by UnityPoint at Home.
- Instructs patient/family/caregivers in the proper care and use of Home Medical Equipment.
- Receives orders, restocks and maintains warehouse and assists with preparing equipment/supplies for delivery.
- Maintain working relationship with staff from other service lines in order to facilitate a collaborative approach to patient care. Directly contacts members of other service lines where appropriate.
- Maintains direct communication with other staff/service lines utilizing cell phones, Email, telephones, and computer operating software. Requires and maintains ongoing knowledge of all current operating systems.
- Accurately documents (paper and/or computer), maintains and completes required departmental, company and regulatory paperwork in a timely manner.
- Greets clients providing courteous, caring and professional assistance.
- Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Behave in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision, Values and Expectations for Excellence.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, FDA, DOT, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested by management to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the organization.
- Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
- High School or Vocational School graduate or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Read, speak and write fluent English and perform simple arithmetic computations.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement
- Licensed driver in the State of Residence with current operator's permit, commercial drivers' license certification with haz mat endorsement (if job requires driving placard vehicle – Central Iowa HME Equipment Techs only) and automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements. Employees have 6 months from date of hire to complete the above requirement from date of hire.
- Previous medical equipment experience.
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Clear understanding of the local area primary and secondary road system.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
All staff are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education. You are required to complete:
- Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse
- Back Safety Training
- Maintain requirements of FDA & DOT Regulations
- Mandatory annual equipment training and competencies.
In addition, staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All staff must attend mandatory educational programs.