Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
Who wouldn’t love to buy cool bike parts every day? Do you enjoy crunching numbers and communicating your awesome ideas? Do you turn your head every time you see a sweet bike? If yes, you might be the perfect fit for our Retail Buyer position!
Trek Bicycle’s Forecasting department is looking for a downright awesome person to join the team as a Retail Buyer. Working in collaboration with district managers, store managers and the cycling industry’s best companies, this Rockstar will assist a group of stores with all of their purchasing needs. In addition to working with an amazing team, the buyer will utilize Ascend (retail management system) to implement and monitor their strategy. The ultimate goal for this position is to create value for the assigned stores by having the right product in the right place at the right time.
- Fulfill weekly buying schedule and replenish all products from primary vendors.
- Track orders to ensure prompt deliver.
- Coordinate with Inventory Management Team, Purchasing Team, and Store Management as needed.
- Participate in seasonal and pre-season purchasing activities.
- Ensure that the work of the Inventory Strategy team is supporting company level strategic initiatives and maximizing inventory producti vity and profitability.
- Anticipate and proactively address roadblocks before they affect business results.
- Other duties as assigned
- Fun and flexible attitude with strong desire to exceed goals and expectation
- Retail purchasing and demand planning preferred
- Technical knowledge of bicycles preferred
- Proactive problem-solving approach with changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Proven critical thinking and collaborative skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with management and suppliers
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extensive knowledge of Excel preferred. Knowledge of JDE, demand planning software, and web based analysis tools a plus
- 25% domestic travel