Natural Resources manages Larimer County's great outdoor places, including open spaces and magnificent water-based recreation areas, and fosters responsible land stewardship through weed management and healthy forest practices. The Department of Natural Resources has 40+ benefited employees and 125+ seasonal and part time employees.
Larimer County values it's seasonal employees and strives to create an environment where you gain the knowledge and experience to be successful. Consider joining our team and see your hard work pay off as we work together to protect the natural resources of Larimer County.
Our mission is to establish, protect, and manage significant regional parks and open lands providing quality outdoor recreational opportunities and stewardship of natural resource values. We are committed to fostering a sense of community and appreciation for the natural and agricultural heritage of Larimer County for present and future generations.
Larimer County Department of Natural Resources is seeking a skilled and talented individual to join our team.
Specifically this position will:
- Provide information to visitors on recreation opportunities in the county's parks and open lands, campgrounds, permit fees, trails, parking, picnic areas, and boat ramps.
- Sell park permits to visitors
- Complete shift reports and prepare bank deposits
- Operate calculator, credit card terminal, and/or check converter
- Some supervision may be required.
- Work Weekends Fri/Sat/Sun and have flexibility
To review the full job description, please Click Here. Reference Entrance Station Assistant.
- Horsetooth Area Information Center
- Six months cashiering experience is desired
- One year of customer service experience is desired
- High school diploma or GED is desired
- Knowledge of the Area and Recreation Options
Other Information to Note:
- This is a temporary position.
- Part time: working up to 29 hours/week for up to 11 months
- Shift-work, nights, weekends, and holidays may be required
- Work schedules are subject to change depending on weather and visitation
- This position is not eligible for benefits.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background test. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
This posting is “Open until filled“ and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.
Click here to view information on Larimer County's Benefits. Temporary employees may qualify for medical benefits if eligibility requirements are met.