Fort Bliss, TX
Requisition Number: GFEBS01317
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform all job functions in addition to monitoring hourly operations of work control office to ensure the distribution of daily workload is proportional amongst all personnel.
- Possess an intricate knowledge and experience inputting, organizing, and extracting data of various types that are necessary for Army accountability and reporting.
- Possess a high level of analytical skills in determining and verifying the information in GFEBS is accurate while mentoring Service Order Dispatcher employees on these processes.
- Monitor customer interactions and communications with office personnel to ensure all are receiving professional and courteous service.
- Engage and redirect office personnel as needed, to diffuse or prevent escalation of disgruntled and argumentative customers or coworkers.
- Ensure noise levels conducive to office environment are maintained.
- Monitor office personnel to ensure breaks are taken on schedule to minimize disruption of service, note any infractions of job functions as they occur and report to supervisor as soon as possible, always before end of shift.
- Receives, records, and distributes work orders to service crews upon customers’ requests for service on articles or utilities purchases from wholesale or retail establishment or utility company.
- Prepares work order and distributes to service crew.
- Calls or writes customer to ensure satisfactory performance of service.
- May dispatch orders and relay messages and special instructions to mobile crews and other departments, using radio telephone equipment.
- Greet visitors and take incoming phone calls, fax, and radio messages and promptly take care of requests or relay messages to the appropriate person.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years related experience with the ability to perform the assigned duties.
- Requires a strong working knowledge of the functionality of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) (i.e. GFEBS) in the modules of Finance, Plant Maintenance, Project Systems, and Materials Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to operate a personal computer and must display skills in word processing, database and spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse and sometimes irate individuals and to handle calmly, and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Have the ability to deal with multiple responsibilities and to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to perform basic accounting and mathematical computations with a good degree of accuracy.
- Ability to monitor several audible communications devices, such as, telephone, fax and radio throughout the day while performing job tasks.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to pass criminal, drug, and driving screening.
- Ability to work any time or day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- Possess valid driver’s license and maintain good driving record.
- If required, ability to obtain and maintain security clearance and base access to assigned site(s).