Enlighten, an Alion company is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer to join our prime contract working on-site full time with the customer in Ft. Belvoir, VA. The ideal candidate believes in exploring alternatives and quickly prototyping to validate hypothetical architectures or solutions. The ideal candidate is passionate about the concept of infrastructure as code and leverages modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud.
Will significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data/ Cloud technology. Design and implement core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications. Must understand software engineering fundamentals, OO programming, relational and time series databases, scripting knowledge and a basic level of development operations (DevOps) skill set. Apply experience working within an AGILE software development life cycle, including requirements creation, sprint planning, and grooming, etc.
- A current TS with SCI eligibility level security clearance and is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline. Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Systems Administration or DevOps Engineering or Software Development (Python or Java preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly desired to have experience with Cloud related technologies such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases.
- Highly desired to have prior experience with Distributed Computing and Big Data.
- Experience with AWS is highly desired.
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of Forcepoint / Sureview/ Innerview/ Securonix is a huge plus.
- Certifications to meet the DOD 8570 IAT certifications (i.e. Security+ or higher level).
- Prior experience or familiarity with our Big Data Platform is a plus.
- Data parsing/transforming techniques to include JSON, XML, CSV formats.
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info