Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Perspecta is seeking a Communications Engineer to work closely with the government client near Fort Belvoir, VA. Reporting directly to the Perspecta System Engineer Manager the selected candidate will fill the position of Communications Engineer on Perspecta’ s Army TENCAP Program. NRO/SIGINT/Satellite experience highly sought after for this position.
In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) efforts of the 30+ Person Program. They will be responsible for supporting the customer’s mission within technical scope of the program that includes the following:
- Apply and improve Army TENCAP systems engineering processes to leverage National and Theater Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities for Army purposes. Understand, evaluate, and prepare reports and plans to leverage National and Theater capabilities for employment by the Army.
- Apply and improve Army TENCAP processes for technology, discovery, evaluation, development and transition capabilities to other Army programs of record. Evaluate, conduct studies and prepare reports and plans for transition of capabilities to Army programs of record after successful prototyping of a capability.
- Provide technical services to systems providing Theater and National ISR capability. Conduct evaluations and prepare programmatic documentation and information.
- Provide technical services for Programs’ and Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) efforts. These services span the entire system lifecycle from concept to initial fielding and transition or de-fielding. Conduct evaluations; prepare reports and plans for employment of these QRCs.
- Shall have a minimum of 10 years of progressively complex experience in the design, development, integration, and testing of DoD or IC communication systems to include familiarity in unmanned aerial vehicles, satellite communications and communication data links for Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR). Greatly preferred area of expertise would include existing or proposed Terrestrial, Aerial, and Space-based UAS, C-UAS, SIGINT and/or GEOINT systems.
- BS Degree from an accredited university in an engineering discipline such as engineering, math or science, a relevant MS and additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for the BS Degree
- Demonstrated performance as a leader and individual contributor working across integrated customer/contractor project and functional teams to deliver capabilities.
- Strong performance supporting the customer’s primary mission partners leading to a deep knowledge of their capabilities, systems and organizations such as:
- Demonstrated performance supporting the DoD or IC on existing or proposed Terrestrial, Aerial, and Space-based SIGINT components and architectures, including networked, data links, link budget analysis, SATCOM and LOS communications, and data links for ISR in consideration on existing UAS, C-UAS, SIGINT and/or GEOINT systems.
- Military Exploitation of Reconnaissance & Intelligence Technology (MERIT) working group experience.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).