As a Pharmacy Technician you will assist in the preparation, dispensing, manufacturing and repackaging of medications. You will assist in maintaining records and reports as well as maintain sufficient inventories at workstations.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in the non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication.
- Fills, packages, labels and stocks unit dose cart from patient profile card or computerized pick list; brings cart to nursing unit according to predetermined schedule. Makes other deliveries, as required.
- Fills bottles or other package forms with measured amount of medication either manually or mechanically.
- Labels containers of drugs according to department specification, either manually or mechanically.
- Assists in clean air room, using sterile technique in filling and labeling injectable prescriptions.
- Assists in preparation of IV additives.
- Fills medication orders in inpatient area.
- Responsible for extemporaneous medication packaging, as required.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
- Maintains IV records with Pharmacist direction.
- Maintains records for medication in inpatient area.
- Maintains records of preparation of extemporaneous medications.
- Assists in the maintenance of statistics and records for all medication orders.
- Enters orders into computer terminal.
- Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations in Pharmacy.
- Transports required pharmacy material, as necessary.
- Receives and maintains records of stock and inventory control.
- Assists in material control by maintaining records and inventories.
- Maintains placement of sufficient daily inventory of supplies to all areas of Pharmacy to assure efficient operating conditions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician Training Program OR Equivalent hospital pharmacy experience, required.
- Two (2) years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital pharmacy with a computerized system, preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, where applicable.
- Ability to learn computerized hospital pharmacy system.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.