Team Leader - Kimball International, Fordsville, KY
Req Number: 23-026
If you prefer a career that offers different opportunities daily while working with a variety of people, Kimball International would like to talk to you. We are a family-friendly company that values the differences that make each associate unique.
· Manage resources to meet customer demand.
· Provide performance feedback and strategy for
development of team members.
· Plan area lay out and product flow.
· Play an active role in the pilot run process for all new
product introductions and/or enhancements.
· Responsible for department profitability and
identify/implementing potential cost reductions.
· Inspect for obvious damage, color consistency and
alignment or any other material specifications and inspect
parts for compliance to any other quality or workmanship
· Document necessary information.
· Keep work space and equipment clean and well organized.
· Follow all safety guidelines and uses required Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Identify nonconformities and follow nonconforming product
procedures and be aware of disposition authority.
· Implement process improvements.
· Support the Vision and Guiding Principles and other policies
of Kimball International and National Office Furniture.
· Follow and support the Quality system.
· Performs job rotation as directed.
· Support our Environmental Management System (EMS)
· Team Oriented
· Strong drive for success.
· Customer centric
· Possess a high degree of integrity.
· Ability to keep humor in the workplace.
· Ability to build & sustain relationships.
· Flexible and open to change.
· Positive attitude.
· Honest and ethical
· Good listener
· Effective communication skills
· Negotiation skills
· Persuasive and credible
· Ability to adapt to and manage change.
· Good relationship builder
· Ability to motivate effectively
· Understands how they influence results
· Results focused
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Environmentally conscious
· Ability to comprehend and follow job safety guidelines
· Able to comprehend and follow directions on a load card, SOR (if applicable) or OMS.
· Able to lift parts from floor to operation level frequently
· Skilled in the use of air driven hand tools
· Capable of setting up forms/fixtures to specifications
· Understands/follows proper lockout procedures
· Able to perform preventative maintenance to tools/equipment
· Able to maintain forms as appropriate.
· Able to comprehend and perform proper gluing processes
· Able to use required gauges and measuring devices
· Able to use load moving devices
· Ability to identify nonconformities
Kimball International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Kimball International, Inc. will not sponsor applicants for this position for employment/work visa status (e.g.. H-1B)
93 KII Fordsville-00048