ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The Prefab General Foreman will be directly responsible for supervising multiple personnel in the preparation of all material and equipment needs that are performed in district yard management in conjunction with new construction, maintenance, and repairs of the electrical distribution system during both normal and storm conditions. The candidate will work with various district areas of responsibility to ensure the district yard is kept in an orderly manner. The Prefab General Foreman will also work with multiple internal/external organizations to ensure optimal scheduling of material, resources, equipment, and services in order to enhance the safety and productivity of district crews. The candidate will be expected to ensure that all aspects directly related to material management, as well as environmental guidelines relating to proper handling and disposal, are adhered to and meet corporate standards, while continually ensuring that safe work practices are followed. The Prefab General Foreman will be reporting to the Performance and Resource Supervisor.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Communicating corporate policies, goals, and objectives to crew members and ensuring their compliance.
- Ensuring appropriate training of all subordinates including: coaching and mentoring, career development, as well as administering recognition and discipline while demonstrating the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Responsible for meeting safety, financial, customer satisfaction, reliability, and environmental corporate goals as they relate directly to distribution, construction and maintenance.
- Interfacing with subordinates, peers, all levels of management, multi SCE departments, and external customers regarding daily work activities as well as short and long term projects.
- This position could be called upon to act as Duty Supervisor and/or support after hour activities.
- Creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have supervisory and/or team leadership experience.
- Must have experience in the operation and/or construction and maintenance of the electric system.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Associate Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Typically possesses five or more years combined experience performing and/or supervising activities related to the design, construction and maintenance, of the electric distribution system, and/or material management.
- Worked with environmental compliance and regulatory requirements, including hazardous waste management and yard management.
- Experience with the Transformers and Other Oil-Filled Electrical Equipment process as related to the handling and disposal of all hazardous waste products generated by SCE and contractor facilities.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of the procurement process.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the material management process, PAMM, Regional Prefabrication Center/Regional Supply Center and external vendors.
- Worked with bargaining unit employees including the application of union agreement and handling labor relations and diversity issues.
- Ensured safe work practices, construction/maintenance methods, techniques, tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution accounting.
- Experience with GO 95, 128, 165 and Accident Prevention Manual safety rules.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Prioritized activities, delegated and monitored the progress of assignments, and holding employees accountable for results.
- Experience as a Planner, Construction Material Coordinator, Construction Maintenance Clerk, Construction Maintenance Accountant, E-Crew Foreman, Field General Supervisor, and/or Journeyman Lineman preferred.
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via email and are encouraged to review any tests required in this job posting - Link to Information Guides
- Please reference Leadership Profile Assessment (Test 8201). Candidates who have previously passed these assessments may not need to retest again for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
- This position may require overtime.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.