It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and analyze materials and samples for testing.
- Coordinate/conduct all tests required for validating coating and their performance and provide clear, concise documentation summarizing the results.
- Perform failure analyses on coating related failures from field returns as well as production issues from internal and external coating sources.
- Assist in developing and maintaining specifications for the performance and appearance of coatings, including cosmetic and anti-corrosion capabilities. This will include the proper measurement techniques to control those attributes.
- Support in development of work instructions for new test methods related to coating testing.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Materials Lab analytical equipment required for coating testing including destructive and non-destructive testing
- Management of color control standards inventory.
- Support safety through proper laboratory processes.
- Support ISO and other initiatives within the lab.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Education: Minimum of an associate degree in Chemistry from an accredited university or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience: 2+ years of related lab testing experience in a paint application or manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with analytical equipment such as FTIR, SEM and other paint related testing methods.
- Previous experience in analysis and testing of metals and polymers is a plus.
- Knowledge and familiarity of ASTM and other test methods and methodologies for coating testing and evaluation as well as industry accepted standards of performance.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to present the results of your work to cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize conflicting project needs and deadlines.
- Limited or minimal travel to Brunswick and supplier facilities
We are the people behind life's passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-735-4767.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
#Brunswick Corporation - Mercury Marine