Responsible for becoming a professional expert who offers our members the best solutions and an exceptional experience each and every time. Processes a variety of member transactions and educates our members about products and services that will help improve their financial well-being. Will work in and travel to branches within any of the designated regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain positive member and staff relationships.
- Provide transactional service to members.
- Pleasantly greet all members within 4 feet or 10 seconds.
- Use the member’s name at least twice during the transaction.
- Accept and process deposits, withdrawals and payments according to SAFE’s policies and procedures.
- Process over the counter requests for cashier checks, Visa cash advances, gift cards, postage stamps, temporary checks and Visa debit cards.
Thank members for their business and use SAFE CU in the closing statement.
- Maintain individual cash drawer with appropriate drawer limits and balance drawer at the end of shift or as instructed by Management.
- Initiate Sales/Service activities:
- Develop personal sales/referral skills.
- Achieve monthly personal sales/referral goals.
- Initiate a sales activity with every member interaction.
- Assist in achievement of branch sales goals.
- Generate referrals/leads to the platform, Branch Business Specialist and/or LBE, Real Estate Mortgage Officer, SAFE Financial Services and SAFE’s Business Development Officer. .
- Assist in the branches daily opening and closing activities.
- Assist in the balancing and auditing of all negotiable and dual custody facilities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of member transactions.
- Follow CIP procedures and complete regulatory reports to ensure compliance with BSA .
- Participate in personal self-development training through the completion of internal and external training programs.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty accurately, efficiently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience in customer service and/or cash handling or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to function in a team environment as a proven team player
- Knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Ability to travel to branches within the Sacramento
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.