Requisition Number: HUMAN03137
Who We Are
Newport helps companies offer their associates a more secure financial future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent, experienced and responsive.
Position Location: This position is flexible to be remote now. As Newport begins to transition back to the office, this position will be required to be in the office daily. Location is on Iron Point just down from Kaiser. COVID protocols are in place per county/state and/or Newport rules & policy.
Are you the one of the best thinkers in the company when it comes to the human and organizational side of the business? Are you proactive in supporting employees and managers through the inevitable challenges of change? Do you turn personal curiosity into organizational innovation? If so, the Newport Human Resources team may be the place for you! We are seeking a hands-on, pragmatic and solution oriented Human Resource Business Partner. You will collaborate with functional leaders on HR issues while adding value to the design and delivery of HR policies and practices that support business goals. You have a passion for providing insights and recommendations on talent, leadership, and culture needed to take the business forward. Helping to foster a sense of community and belonging for all is second nature to you.
We would like to talk to you if you can demonstrate the following:
- BUSINESS PARTNER – Fundamental understanding that HR is about creating value for the business.
- CHANGE AGENT - Helps managers and employees adapt through continuous growth.
- EMPLOYEE ADVOCATE - Stays aware of employee interests, gauges employee morale and helps create a positive work environment.
- HUMAN RESOURCES EXPERT - Follows changes in labor law and understands the compliance impact on the business. Is attuned to evolving HR best practices and how these might add value.
- DETAIL ORIENTED - Recognizes the importance of analyzing, updating and securing information.
- A minimum of 6 years HR experience
- Pragmatic, solution oriented approach to challenges
- Demonstrated experience providing consultative advice on HR related matters to employees, managers and senior leadership
- Familiarity acting as a change agent in supporting integration efforts and driving cultural change
- Proven employee relations and leave administration experience
- Strong understanding of HR policies and processes
- Strong analytical skills; critical thinker
- Effective written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude coupled with a pro-active approach
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in human resources
- Willingness to travel up to ~25%
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Newport offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check and fingerprints.)
Newport unequivocally rejects racism and discrimination of any kind and fosters an environment of belonging to provide access and opportunity for all. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.