APPLY NOW: Text “careers“ to 480-800-8056
Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market!
Overview of Responsibilities
Having this position is very important to the company. Want to know why? The Backup Receiver position is responsible for all functions and paperwork receiving. Sounds fun! That's not all. This position operates machinery including baler, compactor, and forklift in a safe and proper manner. You are also responsible for maximizing sales potential through effective and proper procedures for receiving products entering the store. Also, this position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness of receiving area. See, without you, we wouldn't be a successful company. If you're someone who thrives in a fast pace environment then we want to hear from you!
To be a Backup Receiver at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age; possess a high school diploma or GED
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; weekends and holidays
- Report any receiving discrepancies to Managers and Buyer(s) to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications, examines contents and compares with records, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy equipment
- Attends all applicable trainings, and be able to use or be certified in the use of appropriate equipment needed for store or facility, is able to comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices
- Ability to work independently yet have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other team members and Store leadership and is able to knowledgeably communicate with service vendors
- Are you willing to put those muscles to the test? This position requires moving/transferring product weighing up to 60 lbs., from 5“ to 56“, for up to 30 feet for up to 30 hours without mechanical assistance. Crazy right!
- Must use pallet jack to horizontally transfer product weighing up to 1000 lbs., requiring a force up to 50 lbs., for a distance up to 150 feet for up to 40 hours.
- Vision required for reviewing invoices and monitoring incoming product.
- Ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) ability to multi-task, ability to understand proper retail receiving, and basic computer knowledge
- Is able to execute other duties as needed
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include: - Competitive pay - Opportunities for career growth - 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts - Flexible schedules - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits: - 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match - Minimum essential coverage medical plans - Voluntary coverage such as short-term disability, hospital indemnity, accident, and critical illness - Competitive vacation and sick time programs
Grow with us! If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.