Physical Education Program Assistant - Flushing, NY
Position: Physical Education Program Assistant
Location: 13301 41st Rd. Flushing, NY 11355
Salary Range: $17.00 per hour
Schedule: 5 hours per week
Employment Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Founded in 1876, The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
We are a COVID-19 proactive organization who makes every effort to create and maintain an environment that is safe for our members and staff. The Program Assistant participates in implementing the ongoing physical fitness and recreation program that meets the needs and interests of our members. The candidate will empower our members in a recreation program modeled after best practices in the field that promotes and enhances member success. The candidate will ensure that all fitness programs and equipment operate within required risk management procedures and oversee the implementation of safety standards.
Frontline employees are not required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, however, BCNY strongly encourages all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and obtain a booster shot.
- Oversee daily operations of the fitness and recreation programming and gym facilities
- Flexible schedule, willing to work on weekends as needed
- Use behavior management strategies to defuse inappropriate behavior
- Attend required department meetings and professional development trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-year related experience in health, wellness, and/or fitness youth programming
- Knowledge of safety, recreation, physical education, and/or sports management
- Demonstrated organizational/leadership ability
- Experience leading group and individual lessons/events
- First Aid and CPR Certification desirable
What We Offer
- PTO: Sick time only
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer
and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. If you have a disability or other protected need requiring an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.