- Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Supports the nursing process through the consent of the cardiac rhythm of patients assigned to telemetry monitoring.
- Monitor patient's EKG rhythms, alerting the Nurse to changes in cardiac rate of rhythm.
- Works closely with physicians, nurses, and nursing assistance personnel.
- Document EKG rhythms for patients assigned on the medical record, or other records.
- Maintain monitoring equipment in good working order.
- Recognize lethal and life-threatening arrhythmias and responds appropriately.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following on the Telemetry Unit (refer to McLeod Health Organizational Learning Competency Checklist):
- Assigned Access Control Applications
- Emergency Management
- Infection Control/Precautions
- Provide an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion and respect for all patients, families and visitors. 11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
The Monitor Technician supports the nursing process through the constant observation and documentation of the cardiac rhythm of patients assigned to telemetry monitoring. The Monitor Technician alerts the Nurse assigned to the patients to any changes in cardiac rate of rhythm. The Monitor Technician does not supervise other employees but works closely with physicians, nurses and nursing assistance personnel. Work Schedule: Full time - 72 hrs biweekly; as scheduled; as needed Education/Experience Requirements: Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent (GED) from an accredited school. Completion of EKG course required. Qualifications /Training: Successfully pass a written and didactic examination at the completion of orientation and annually required Certification requirements: At least 1 year of related work experience preferred. Unit Description: Telemetry - telemetry monitoring and observation for all hospital telemetry services