At The Schwan Food Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a “one-man-and-a-truck“ delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at www.theschwanfoodcompany.com.
At The Schwan Food Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. In addition to our home delivery service, we offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts. To learn more, visit us at www.theschwanfoodcompany.com.
This position, under limited to no supervision, is responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipmentand to make sure all equipment and the facility are keptin good repair to ensure continuousand effective operation.
If you meet our job qualifications and become a member of our team, we will further train you on the following job duties and provide you with an excellent benefits package.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on company results
- Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Starting Wage: $30.00 per hour (+$1.50 shift differential from 6 pm to 6 am)
- Hours may change based on the production schedule.
- Overtime and weekend work required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect air-conditioning, dehumidifiers, compressors, evaporators, safety pop-off valves, filters, Ammonia and Freon refrigeration units daily; repair malfunctions and perform complete overhauls as needed
- Maintain and checks boilers
- Clean evaporators and condensers daily
- Install and replace motors, pumps, switches, safety controls, solenoids, and fuses at all refrigeration areas; repair and replace improper fittings and broken refrigeration pipes
- Responsible for the ordering of refrigeration parts and responsible for making sure all written refrigeration records are kept up-to-date
- Perform more advanced refrigeration duties including but not limited to troubleshooting an ammonia compressor, use plant leak detection methods on ammonia systems, troubleshooting and replacing I/O modules in refrigeration systems, figuring superheat and sub-cooling of ammonia systems, troubleshooting CO2 monitors and troubleshooting freezer temperature monitors
- Perform setup and tear down of equipment and perform major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and stationary equipment, fabrication of parts, and installation of new plant equipment
- Responsible for training maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- Participate in Hazmat specialized training and assist with Hazmat team execution.
- Perform fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of refrigeration maintenance, boilers, and ammonia compressors
- Hold a current HAZMAT certification
- Ability to obtain boiler license
- Advanced electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to obtain a valid forklift license
- Advanced Understanding of PSM
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
- Must be able to read, speak and comprehend basic English for safety and quality purposes.
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19012743
Apply Now Quick Apply