In this key position as Production and Inventory Control Manager, you will be accountable to build the Production and Inventory Control organization into a world class team delivering best in class inventory performance and service levels at lowest possible total cost of ownership by directing, developing, managing, and executing site materials planning, purchasing, warehousing, logistics, and other designated resources in a hands-on approach to achieve optimal short and long term materials supply while ensuring customer service levels are met. You will be responsible for purchasing activities related to operations including, expediting, inventory management, resolving supplier performance issues, and partner with strategic sourcing to develop innovative and collaborative methods of achieving cost-out. You will oversee inventory management, planning and scheduling capability, and customer service metrics. Increase the productive capacity of the working groups by initiating new ideas, processes and systems. May provide strategic input into senior management’s decisions which will have long-term business impact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply an advanced knowledge of materials and supply chain management and draw upon substantial experience to identify and/or solve highly complex business problems.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans within the primary functional areas. Implement or assist in the implementation of strategic plans within these areas.
- With finance, develop inventory plans in support of the annual operation plan. Creates and manages raw materials forecast and budget.
- Establish methods for review and disposition of excess and obsolete inventory in distribution sites as well as manufacturing plants.
- Meet materials requirements, manage material flow, and to plan and prevent factory and warehouse shortages and stock outs while managing and minimizing inventory investment to achieve total cost goals.
- Provide analysis and metrics and work with manufacturing plants and purchasing to drive improvements in lot sizes and lead times for all materials supplied internally and externally.
- Supervises Physical Inventory and Cycle counting processes to ensure compliance and inventory accuracy is continually improving to exceed financial and accounting goals. Provide analysis of root cause of errors and initiate corrective action.
- Manages the procurement process of materials and establishment of delivery sequences to departments according to job order priorities and anticipated availability of material. Ensures the placed orders are delivered on time
- Directs transfer of materials to meet production schedules and shipping schedules.
- Supervises the raw material available and consumption; generates monthly inventory report to be presented to management.
PLANNING AND LOGISTICS
- Convert sales organization inputs, by product family, into operational production schedules and associated Bills of Materials that will drive supplier requirements.
- Addresses demand and supply planning issues elevated by the leadership team for resolution and escalates with the suppliers as required.
- Manage finished goods inventory to ensure adequate service levels of product based on historical data and sales forecasts.
- Manage, plan and organize the inter plant logistics activities: planning, receiving, warehousing and traffic.
- Deliver inventory performance and plant performance according to On-time In Full (OTIF) and days of inventory (DOI) targets that are approved by management for all planned SKU’s.
- Deliver raw material inventory performance that optimizes Days on Hand (DOH), maximizes inventory turns, and improves Days Payable Outstanding (DPO).
- Expense control accountability - Budgets and monitors for packing material, supplies, equipment and facilities. Budgets and monitors expenses for raw materials and indirect materials and services.
- Partnerswith Sales, Customer Service, Production and other business leaders toidentify and resolve business issues that impact customer satisfaction onplant produced products.
- Participateswith Strategic Sourcing for improved total cost of ownership and, inconcert with operations, TNA and Group Purchasing; implements changes asneeded to improve Tarkett performance.
- Workclosely with R&D on material cost and quality improvement projects andimplementation.
- Workclosely with Product Development/Operations on new product introductionsand impact to service levels.
- Driveresults and continuous improvement projects/processes in the World ClassManufacturing environment.
- Demonstratea hands-on leadership approach to identifying, resolving and communicatingthe resolution of service issues across all Tarkett North Americachannels.
- Develop,monitor, publish, and present the key performance metrics for Productionand Inventory Control organization to Divisional Supply Chain Manager andPlant Director of Operations.
- TeamLeadership (including direct reporting managers); coach and developpersonnel; ensure they have the necessary resources and training tomaximize effectiveness
- Performsany other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’sDegree in Operations Management, Business Administration, or Engineering.
- 10years of experience in supply chain, materials planning, purchasing,logistics and production scheduling, preferably with at a minimum of five(5) years in a supervisory/leadership role overseeing the work of a team,including hiring, training, performance evaluation, coaching andmentoring.
- Extensiveexperience with core software applications (ERP), preferably with SAP inplanning and/or sales and distribution.
- AdvancedMicrosoft Office skills preferred.
- APICSCertification preferred.
- Experiencein the implementation of major change programs in systems or operations.
- Experiencein a manufacturing environment.
- Has indepth knowledge of total management of the material purchase, metrics tobase supplier performance criteria for future buy decisions.
REQUIREMENTS (including educational requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, or Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in supply chain, materials planning, purchasing, logistics and production scheduling, preferably with at a minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory/leadership role overseeing the work of a team, including hiring, training, performance evaluation, coaching and mentoring.
- Extensive experience with core software applications (ERP), preferably with SAP in planning and/or sales and distribution.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills preferred.
- APICS Certification preferred.
- Experience in the implementation of major change programs in systems or operations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Has in depth knowledge of total management of the material purchase, including vendor selection process to source specific commodities, metrics to base supplier performance criteria for future buy decisions. Able to apply knowledge in the development of commodity strategies.