Information Technology/Software Development
Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to take on a challenge?
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team with a high supportive team spirit?
We are looking for developers to grow our existing team in the maritime software business in Rostock. You will be part to develop, document and test new features into our software package.
Your tasks will be:
- Developing and implementing new features/GUI using PowerBuilder (with PowerScript/object-oriented scripts)
- Optimizing SQL-queries for ASA and ORA databases
- Preparing test cases
- Troubleshooting as 3rd level support
- Creating documentation
- Looking for new solutions for developing new features
- Strong company culture with emphasis on technology and competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- 30 days annual vacation, 39 hours per week
- Company pension scheme and local works council
- Career models for specialists and managers
Social events and team building activities
Working in a state-of-the-art office with water view and good public transportation
- Experience in object oriented software development (preferably C#/.Net, PowerBuilder - we provide training for this environment), software testing
- Experience with SQL (scripts creating and optimizing for preferably ASA or ORA databases)
- Qualified IT specialist/ software developer or bachelor/ master degree in computer science, business informatics, applied informatics or similar
- Good English and very good German language skills, both oral and written (for documentation/ international colleagues)
- Willingness to learn and dig into a very complex application, with long time market presence
- Very good communication skills, team player and sensitivity for team interaction
As an international company, our human resource department is located in Poland and the first written contact will be in English. If you would like to submit your application in German, please simply contact us; we can this possible and arrange for the job interview to be mainly in German.
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with over 13,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world-leading provider of software for a safer, smarter and greener future in the energy, process and maritime industries. Our solutions support a variety of business critical activities including design and engineering, risk assessment, asset integrity and optimization, QHSE, and ship management. Our worldwide presence facilitates a strong customer focus and efficient sharing of industry best practice and standards.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: