Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
UPM Raflatac is looking for a Machine Operator.
UPM Raflatac is labeling a smarter future by developing innovative and sustainable labeling solutions complemented with world-class service. As one of the world's leading producers of self-adhesive label materials, we supply high-quality paper and film label stock for consumer product and industrial labeling through a global network of factories, distribution terminals and sales offices. We employ around 3,000 people and made sales of EUR 1.5 billion (USD 1.9 billion) in 2017. UPM Raflatac is part of UPM – The Biofore Company. Find out more at www.upmraflatac.com.
Greetings from your future manager:
“We're excited to welcome Operators to the team at our Fletcher location! Our aim is to develop our employees while providing a safe and clean environment to work in. We strive for excellent quality and customer satisfaction. Come join our growing team!“ – LSC Operations Team
What you will do:
- Transport raw material as needed (Ability to lift 65lbs is required).
- Tend to machines with a high level of focus on safety, quality and productivity.
- Inspect the product using visual inspection precision tools and equipment.
- Follow all policies, procedures, and management systems.
- Perform all duties in full compliance of all laws, safety and environmental regulations.
Who you are:
- You have any combination of education and experience equivalent to High School education and 1-2 years work experience in an industrial setting.
- You have well-developed problem solving skills, including the ability and willingness to apply a systematic approach to the process.
- You have high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple priorities, while adapting as needed based on business demands.
- You possess mechanical skills, including measuring in inches and millimeters and basic math skills.
- You possess good communication skills, the ability to relate well with a wide range of constituents and you are able to function well as a member of a team.
- An advantage would be previous work experience in paper / paper converting industry or working with web-handling equipment.
- You understand maintenance requirements of manufacturing machines.
This is what we offer for you:
- Great starting pay $16.75 (includes 12% shift differential)
- Commitment to a safe work environment; PPE supplied; including shoes, glasses, and protective clothing.
- Career progression based on YOUR performance - growing company with opportunities for advancement.
- Awesome benefits package – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401K and profit sharing.
- Variable shift structure; with a rotating schedule.
- We offer ETO based on attendance.
- No previous Manufacturing experience – We train you towards success and career.
- Annual Bonuses based on “Team“ performance.
- We celebrate success as a “Team“.
Location: Fletcher, NC
- 3 week rotating shift schedule.
- Overtime offered based on business needs as required
- Low to Moderate noise level
- Clean and organized based on lean manufacturing practices
Are you interested? Send your application and CV in via our recruiting system until December 6th, 2019.
Only candidates authorized to work within the United States without sponsorship will be considered.
If you have any technical issues with submitting your application, please contact our HR Service Center at email@example.com or 877-723-5247.
This Job Description is intended to be a guide, and is not intended to be a contract of employment, explicit or implicit. All contents are subject to change at the sole discretion of the company. Cooperation is expected of all employees. Other duties may be assigned as needed.