Who is Tekni-Plex?
We are a 50 year global leader in advanced plastic and rubber polymer technology, Tekni-Plex engineers solutions to meet customer needs in critical applications that touch every aspect of life, from medical devices used in operating rooms and hospitals, to food packaging in your kitchen.
Why Work for us?
With Company Values like Innovation, Integrity and Trust and Employee Fulfillment, Tekni-Plex offers every employee around the world the opportunity to stretch, grow and succeed every day. Our employees are challenged to bring new ideas to the table, jump in and get involved and make an impact. Tekni-Plex has a proud history and a compelling future. Behind every great Tekni-Plex product is a team of dedicated employees who are truly making a difference for our customers and who are Tekni-Proud!
What is the position where you can add value?
We are hiring for a 3rd Shift Industrial Mechanic for our Liners Division within Tekni-Plex located in our Flemington, NJ facility.
Industrial Mechanic – is responsible for a broad range of maintenance activities in a converting facility dealing with extrusion, lamination, coating, printing and slitting operations.
- Performing preventive maintenance and repair on all process and facility equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive train components, pneumatic & hydraulic equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical components such as AC/DC industrial electric equipment including PLC controls and VFD’s.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams & line diagrams and other reference materials.
- Adheres to all safety, GMP, quality standards and regulations.
This is a 3rd shift position with ability to work 12 hour shifts and overtime as needed.
What skills do you bring to the role?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of Industrial Mechanic experience
- Able to understand the operating context of site assets and how they impact production
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated the ability to work within a diverse group, listen too, motivate others, foster teamwork, and exhibits self-control and awareness
At Tekni-Plex, we value all of our people across the globe. We strive to provide a work environment that leads to your professional fulfillment. Since fulfillment means something different to everyone, the rewards that Tekni-Plex provides globally are appropriately diverse and suited to help you perform your best inside and outside the company. Our rewards programs include:
We offer a full complement of valuable Health, Wellness, and Welfare benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program including EAP
- Pay for Performance philosophy