The Clinical Informatics (CI) serves as a liaison between the hospital's clinical areas and the IT department. S/he collaborates with staff, physicians and stakeholders to optimize the usage of clinical systems by providing moderately complex system education and training, build/maintenance, quality outcomes, and providing support in accordance with organizational goals. The CI assists in the development of policies and procedures for the usage of clinical information systems. S/he promotes the integration between clinical areas and IT regarding the development and translation of business needs with consideration of the impact that new or modified clinical information systems have on patient confidentiality and privacy. The CI may apply their knowledge of the Health Information Exchange for ambulatory and hospital data integration and may collaborate with Business intelligence for reporting results and/or progress of clinical systems initiatives for process improvement.
• Manages complex projects, providing quality assurance, and information systems design expertise.
- Analyses the needs and requirements for clinical applications in acute and ambulatory healthcare settings.
- Provides leadership for clinical systems projects and initiatives.
- Evaluate business process changes and IT enhancements to ensure the success and optimization of new or modified clinical information systems.
• Coordinates the collection and analysis of metrics that relate to benefits realization and the return on investment in clinical information systems.
- Manages, builds, and assesses workflow need.
- Manages the impact that new or modified clinical information systems have on patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Monitors system performance and compliance with EMR recommended standards, and report to IT and impacted departments when anomalies, errors, inaccuracies, or inefficiencies occur.
- Maps real-life nursing practices to information applications.
• Trains, educates, builds and instructs clinical users on features, operation, and usage of software systems.
- Trains physicians and staff to adopt new workflows and tools utilizing change management methods.
• Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
- Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employee's area of responsibility.
- If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific training in the specified time frame.
Bachelor's Degree in nursing- Required
Master's Degree in nursing- Preferred
MHA and MBA- Preferred
Certification & Licensures Current RN license in the state of Arizona- Required
Cerner fundamentals- Required within 30 days of hire
LEAN Six Sigma or Influencer training- Preferred
Experience Minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in an acute/ambulatory setting- Required
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software programs.