Sr. Software Dev. Engineer , PXT Central Science
The People eXperience and Technology Cantral Science team uses economics, behavioral science, statistics, and machine learning to proactively identify mechanisms and process improvements which simultaneously improve Amazon and the lives, wellbeing, and the value of work to Amazonians. We are an interdisciplinary team which combines the talents of science and engineering to develop and deliver solutions that measurably achieve this goal.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to create distributed systems and platforms to transform and model data, and create tools and machine learning pipelines to make machine learning, statistical and econometrics models run faster.
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate with economists, academic scholars, machine learning scientists and other SDEs across the company to develop, test, and deploy services that implement a wide range of econometric and machine learning models. This requires the use of sophisticated distributed systems, the processing and visualization of Big Data and application of advanced statistical techniques. A successful candidate will have a passion for innovation, interest in cutting-edge technology, and excitement about working in a high-impact domain.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 8 or more years’ experience in software development
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with object oriented programming including Java, C++, C#, or C
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Cassandra or other Big Data processing platforms
- Database design experience (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers and had high impact
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: econometrics, statistical modeling, machine learning, data mining
- Broad ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
****The pay range for this position in Colorado is $168,100 - $197,800 yearly; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.****
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.